Terms & Conditions
General – Terms and Conditions
1. All clients that make bookings with Paw to Palm will be deemed to have accepted Paw to Palm Terms and Conditions as laid out here at the time of booking.
2. Paw to Palm will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the client, with full details of client’s requirements.
3. Paw to Palm does not operate on the following days: Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
4. The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence. (food, medication, leads, tags, collars, etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Paw to Palm, these will be purchased and added to the invoice.
5. The client must provide Paw to Palm with the name and contact number of two people capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contacts are not available, Paw to Palm reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision based on the best interest of the animal. Paw to Palm are not liable for any of the veterinary fees.
6. Paw to Palm must be alerted to any behavioural problems with your pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in the decline of any future bookings. Paw to Palm request that the client notify them of any changes in the dog’s behaviour or health.
7. Paw to Palm will give clients a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice prior to taking a holiday.
8. You agree to photographs being taken of your pet/s to be used on the website and Facebook page unless I am told otherwise.
Dog Walking – Terms and Conditions
1. All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
2. Bitches in season will not be accepted on a group dog walk.
3. All dogs being walked will undergo a 1-week trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised.
4. Paw to Palm reserves the right to cancel at any time and with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs.
5. The client must supply suitable leads and collars for their dog.
6. All dogs will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached with Paw to Palm and a disclaimer form has been signed.
7. Paw to Palm are not liable for the loss of the dog, any injury caused to the dog or any damage the dog causes whilst walked off the lead.
8. The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk or cancel if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (i.e. heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker, if so the walk will be not be charged.
Dog Home Visits – Terms and Conditions
1. All dogs must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
2. If medication is to be administered, clear instructions must be given during the consultation and an authorisation signature is required.
3. The client must provide all items necessary for your pet to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence.
4. Paws to Palm will properly dispose of pet waste, however the client shall ensure there is an appropriate supply of bags and cleaning equipment for that purpose and indicate their preferred method / location of disposal for House & Pet Sitting.
5.The client shall provide sufficient food and any treats for their pet for the duration of the service.
6. Paw to Palm will keep the clients house, pet and pet equipment in a clean and tidy state as found and will only provide services agreed specifically and listed in the service agreement.
7. Paw to Palm shall clean up after your pet to the best of their ability.
8. The client shall make available cleaning materials in the event of any ‘accidents’ within their property.
9. The client should leave their thermostat settings within a normal comfortable range. If the house temperature is outside of this range, Paw to Palm will adjust the thermostat to ensure the health and comfort of your pet.
12. Paw to Palm will make adequate steps to ensure your home is safe and secure in your absence, however, Paw to Palm cannot be held responsible for any burglaries or accidents caused by your pet(s).
15. Dog food and instructions will need to be provided by the client.
Pet Taxi – Terms and Conditions
1. Clients must notify the veterinary surgery or groomers that Paw to Palm will be attending the appointment on their behalf and ensure that arrangements for payment have been made with the vet or groomers prior to the appointment.
2. Please note that due to taxi licensing regulations, I sadly cannot accept human passengers.
Booking, Payment and Cancellations
1.Dog walking cancellations must be given with at least one week’s notice. Any cancellations made within a week of the booked service will incur a cancellation fee of 50%. Non-cancellations and those made within 24 hours of the service will be required to pay the full amount. Payment is due on the day of the service. For long-standing clients, a weekly payment plan may be accepted with prior agreement with Paw to Palm.
2. Bank holidays will be subject to additional fees which will be advised at the time of booking.
5. You are advised to check if your insurance provider needs to be informed that someone will have access to your property whilst you are away. Please ensure all windows and doors are secure and locked before leaving and inform us of anyone who might have access to your home whilst you are away. Paw to Palm accepts no liability for break in / vandalism of property during the use of our services.
7.Please ensure that leads, collars, harnesses etc. are in good condition and fit correctly to ensure your dog’s safety always. If you would like your dog to have a quick towel dry after a walk please provide a towel by the front door.
8. All dogs will remain on lead unless prior agreement and written permission has been received from you.
9. We will not exercise separate client’s dogs together at any one time unless requested to do so. In special circumstances we can organise a joint walk providing we have written consent from each party.
10. Paw to Palm will not be held responsible for any damage or injury caused by the pet towards any property, person or other animal. This will include, but is not limited to, veterinary, medical and legal fees.
11. You authorise Paw to Palm to use your house key(s) during the time they will be caring for your pet(s). If Paw to Palm is required to employ a locksmith to enter your premises due to malfunction of the lock, key or your failure to leave a key, it shall be your responsibility to reimburse any expenses incurred upon your return.Health
12. Through confirmation of booking you confirm that you are the owner of the pet(s) named; authorising Paw to Palm to act as guardian during your absence and to take any action which he / she considers suitable to protect and keep in good health the named pet(s).
13. Dogs must be up to date with vaccinations. Dogs must be up to date with flea and worm treatment. In the event of a flea or worm infestation, Paw to Palm will treat the animal at your expense.
14. You must advise us of any health or behavioural issues your pet may have before we take charge of them. Paw to Palm cannot be held responsible for any actions or omissions which result in problems or complications for anything not disclosed by the client. We will not be able to walk, transport or visit any animal with a contagious condition.
15. Paw to Palm reserves the right to use our personal judgement to cut short a walk in the best interests of your dog if deemed necessary; e.g. weather conditions, injury, mobility issues, age of dog.
16. All efforts will be made to contact you in the event of an emergency. Please inform Paw to Palm of any changes regarding your contact number, your pet care needs, your emergency contact details and any other relevant information. An emergency contact must be provided who can make a decision relating to your pet or home in an emergency. If this contact is unavailable, Paw to Palm reserves the right to consult a veterinarian and make decisions in the best interest of the pet and your home.
17. Should any veterinary advice or treatment be necessary during your absence, no matter how it was incurred, you will be entirely responsible for paying the bill.
18. You must provide us with all items necessary for the pets to be adequately cared for in your absence (i.e. food, cat litter, medication etc.). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Paw to Palm, you agree to refund the costs incurred.
19. Paw to Palm will keep your house, pet and pet equipment in a clean and tidy state as found and will only provide services agreed specifically.
20. Where necessary, thermostats should be left within a normal comfortable range. If the house temperature is outside of this range, we will adjust the thermostat to ensure the health and comfort of your pet.
21. You must contact the Paw to Palm as soon as you return home to confirm the end of our services. In the event that you are delayed on return, you must inform us immediately and we will endeavour to make alternative arrangements for continued cover. Additional fees for continued care will be added to the outstanding balance. If you return home early, you are required to pay for the visits agreed at booking.